Lauren MacNeil • (949) 357 - 8767 • Mac4109@yahoo.com
MFA in Advertising Copywriting
Academy of Art University, Dec. 2016
BA in English, Cum Laude
Southeastern Oklahoma State University, May 2007
- 4/17 - Present The San Francisco Symphony, Copywriter
Write and edit copy for brochures, eNews, website content, radio spots, direct mail. Work closely with other creatives on updating/revamping marketing materials. Develop a rapport with a variety of audiences through strategic tone and voice. Manage projects through Trello, ArtsVision, Proof HQ and other admin programs.
- 9/16 - 4/17 Young & Hungry Creative, Copywriter
Provided pro bono advertising primarily for local arts organizations and humanitarian aids. Responsibilities included: branded content films, radio scripts, social media, book covers, flyers, etc. Past clients: the SF Civic Symphony, Red Bull, and DST.
- 5/16 - 4/17 Freelance Writer
Projects have included startup proposals, web copy, and author biographies.
- 12/09 - 12/13 US Navy, Gunner's Mate - Petty Officer 2nd Class
Supervised the Armory and maintained all small arms aboard the Arleigh Burke Class destroyer, USS Porter. Provided physical security off the coast of Somalia on pirate interdiction duty as well as during deployment to the Persian Gulf.
Personally recommended by the CO for the Master Helmsman qualification. Piloted the crossing of the Atlantic Ocean, the Strait of Gibraltar, the Suez Canal, and over 20 transits through the Strait of Hormuz as a security escort ship for merchant vessels.
Was promoted three times and received several commendations.
- Winner, AAU's 2017 Spring Show, Best Print.
- Finalist, AAU’s 2016 Spring Show, Best Commercial.
- Finalist, AAU’s 2016 Media Awards, Best Branded Content.
- Finalist, AAU’s 2015 Spring Show, Best Print.
Brand voice chameleon, media versatility, eagle eye editor, equal parts storyteller/one-liner.